Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Custom Zip Zinger

I have this skateboard I love. It's called the Zip Zinger (obvi) but I have never been thrilled with the graphic I got with it. It didn't match my trucks and looks like it's for a 10 year old.

So today I decided I would paint it. First I sanded it down. Truthfully I thought it looked pretty sweet like this, but we digress.

This is the first coat of paint. I just used a basic Krayon spray pain from Wal-Mart. 

Here is the second coat of paint. Nothing fancy.

In Adobe Illustrator I re-created the Zip Zinger logo. It was fairly simple it's not too complex. I just adjusted the image a little in Photoshop and then put in Illustrator where I then did a live trace. I had to fix a few points with the pen tool. After I printed it I used an exact-o knife and cut it out.

Then I tapped it in place and sprayed it with white.

There were a few little funny spots but I fixed them with an orange Sharpie marker. I didn't put the checker flag on either end in. Not sure why, maybe I will later but I like how simple it looks. That's it!

1 comment: